Head of Sales - UK
Vacancy for: Head of Sales
Based: Goring-by-Sea, United Kingdom (Projects Abroad head office)
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteering organisation. We send 10,000 volunteers a year to work in projects in dozens of countries around the world, where we help improve the lives of people and communities in need.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad is entering an exciting period of growth and expansion, and we are looking to recruit a motivated and inspiring Head of Sales to lead our volunteer recruitment efforts.
This is a pivotal global role for Projects Abroad, and will require demonstrable sales experience and proven ability in training, motivating and leading sales teams with proven, sustainable results.
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be directly responsible for the performance of our recruitment offices located around the world. This will include:
- Setting recruitment/sales goals for each office, in collaboration with the recruitment directors, and making sure these are achieved.
- Working closely with marketing teams to help generate quality leads for recruitment offices, with particular emphasis on university/school outreaches, careers fairs, newsletters and direct emails.
- Developing deeper relationships with potential partner organisations and key contacts (B2B sales).
- Increasing lead conversion rates in each recruitment office.
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of each office, and providing guidance, training and skills development where needed.
- Inspiring and motivating sales teams.
- Being the first point of contact for recruitment offices for resolving any challenges or problems.
- Ensuring that recruitment offices and our operations teams collaborate and provide the best possible experience for our volunteers.
- Constantly looking out for opportunities to grow our sales in all of our markets
- Share customer feedback and market trends with CMO
- Should ideally be based in the south of England, UK, or willing to relocate.
- Have at least seven years’ experience in a sales environment, with at least three years’ experience managing sales teams or similar, with demonstrable results.
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Be an excellent writer and communicator, and comfortable presenting to groups and senior management.
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be results driven
- Be interested in travel, and willing to travel extensively to offices around the world, if needed.
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world, and enthusiastic about collaborating across cultures.
Are you interested?
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role
Please combine the cover letter and CV into a single document (Word or PDF), and upload this to our online recruitment system.