Programme Advisor Part Time - France
Vacancy for: French Programme Advisor - Part time
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for Programme Advisors to help inspire potential volunteers from France to join one of our projects abroad.
The main objective of the position is to increase the number of volunteers on the field and sell our projects with confidence. Our fundamental mission is to answer their questions sent via e-mail, chat or phone, and provide accurate information that will help them choose the placement that matches their profile and needs. The job is busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work long hours on a computer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect information from different offices around the world to be able to answer properly to the different requests.
- Ensure that prospects issues and concerns are dealt with efficiently.
- Sorting and answering prospects’ inquiries and giving information about the projects, destinations and the functioning of Projects Abroad as an organisation
- Staying up-to-date on all the projects and programmes we offer
- Speaking to potential volunteers in person and by email, telephone and online chat
- Attend events and give presentations (occasionally)
- Sometimes help with other marketing tasks (translations, brochures update, events, etc)
- Be fluent in English and a native speaker of French
- Have some sales and marketing experience
- Have CRM knowledge
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in an office environment
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities
- Have an interest in international affairs
- Have experience working with culturally diverse colleagues
- Have proven experience in volunteering, sales & marketing,communication or international relationships
This is a 12 month contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. It is a part time role: 4 days per week (28h). An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references. It could turn into a permanent position once the contract expires.
To apply: please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.