Project Expert - United Kingdom
Vacancy for: Project Expert
Based: Brighton, UK
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's vision is to be the world’s gold standard for international volunteering and internships. We believe we can create positive change in the world through hard work and compassion, for both individuals and entire communities. We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have got big plans for the future starting with building a new sales team in Brighton to cover our European Market. We are looking for experienced sales professionals with European language skills.
We are building a new European Sales Team in Brighton and looking for individuals with a successful track record in sales. The main purpose of the role is to assist potential customers from several European markets through our sales process and help them select the best project option for their volunteering experience or internship. The ideal candidates should be passionate about travel and cultural exchange and looking to work in a vibrant, multicultural team. European language skills will be hugely beneficial for this role as our customers are from all over Europe.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing relationships with prospects and their families to advise on products
- Find out the needs, desires and motivations of prospects and match them to the most suitable product
- Proactively follow-up of prospects through telephone calls and email
- Attend regular training to have up-to-date information about products
- Occasionally required to take part in familiarisation visits to new or current destinations
- Be based in the Brighton area (UK)
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be a native speaker of a European language and fully fluent in English. We are specifically looking for French, German, Italian and Danish speakers.
- Have excellent writing skills and a professional telephone manner are essential
- Have experience working in sales (preferred)
- Have experience travelling or living abroad in a developing country
- Be empathetic and able to establish a connection with people of all ages
- Be energetic and have a thirst for travelling
This is a permanent position, subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Are you interested?
Please send us:
• A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
• A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role