Recruitment Director for the Gulf
Vacancy for: Sales & Marketing Manager
Based: Dubai, UAE
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Do you want to work for an inspiring global organisation and be part of our development in the Gulf? Projects Abroad is seeking a Sales & Marketing Manager for our recruitment efforts.
Projects Abroad (www.projects-abroad.co.uk) and Projects Abroad Groups (www.projects-abroad-groups.co.uk) are the leading global organiser of overseas volunteering and work experience placements in developing countries. Founded in 1992 with its headquarters in the UK, we take about 10,000 volunteers and interns a year, and hope to grow year on year. Increasingly we recruit more school and university groups to go away on short visits to our destinations. We have offices in more than 50 countries and continue to expand our activities.
As Sales & Marketing Manager in Dubai, we would be looking for an entrepreneurial candidate who has experience in the education sector in the Gulf. You will have a line-manager based in the UK. The Projects Abroad office for the Gulf region is based in the Dubai Media City.
The tasks of the Sales & Marketing Manager:
• Adapting Projects Abroad’s marketing strategy to the Gulf market;
• Adapting our website for the UAE and Gulf market;
• Recruiting new volunteers and groups in an autonomous way that involves online advertising and school or university visits;
• Developing partnerships with educational institutions, educational consultants and travel agencies;
• Targeting and recruit new corporate volunteer groups;
• Answering the requests of prospects via e-mail and over the phone, in live-chat and at personal meetings;
• Securing the success and brand development of Projects Abroad in the Gulf market.
The ideal candidate will:
• be a university graduate in Marketing, Business, Communications, International development or other relevant degree;
• have experience working in the education sector in the Gulf;
• have spent time travelling or working in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries;
• have excellent oral and writing skills;
• have management experience, be self-motivated, organised and persuasive, and have a positive and results-oriented attitude;
• have marketing and sales skills or a proven interest in marketing and/or sales;
• be located in Dubai or be prepared to relocate there;
The role requires travel around UAE/ Gulf region for business meetings, but will mainly be office-based (70% office, 30% outside of the office). 40 hours per week are the expected working hours between Sunday-Thursday.
Expenses, which are budgeted in advance, such as travel, translating and printing, are covered.
You would receive 20 days paid holiday per year.
Your line-manager will be in the UK.
If successful, this job may lead to working visits to our destinations.
Your salary divides between a basic monthly salary and commission depending on sales. Exact figures depend on your skills and experience.
The employment contract is a one-year contract subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
Please refer to our UK website (www.projects-abroad.co.uk) for company details.