Law Volunteer Projects in China
Our Law placements in China are based in the busy, vibrant cities of Shanghai and Chengdu. In these ever-changing cities there are many new western companies taking advantage of an increasingly open Chinese economy to set up a Chinese division. Most of these firms need legal assistance to satisfy local business requirements and your law project in China will undoubtedly reflect corporate life in this modern, evolving and fast-moving society.
- Placement location: Chengdu and Shanghai
- Role: To undertake a number of activities alongside Chinese staff in a local law firm
- Types of Placements: Law firms
- Requirements: Volunteers must have completed at least 1 year of a Law degree
- Accommodation: Shared volunteer apartments
- Price: From
- What's included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What's not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
To apply for one of our Law in China placements you must have some legal experience. Most of our volunteers are part way through a law course or have completed their studies and are interested in gaining practical work experience in a law firm abroad.
Law Work Experience Opportunities with Projects Abroad
Companies arriving in China need to adapt to the new environment and a different legal system. Day-to-day you'll work alongside English speaking local lawyers, one of whom will also act as your supervisor. Your language abilities and understanding of western culture and law will be interesting and useful to Chinese law firms.
Projects Abroad will find you a placement that fits with your own areas of interest. Volunteers have worked in areas including banking law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate intellectual property, taxation and insolvency. Please let us know of any preferences you may have.
Volunteering on a Law Internship Placement in China
A voluntary placement with a well-respected law firm in Shanghai or Chengdu could be a valuable addition to your CV in this notoriously competitive profession, and might just secure you that lucrative first job once you graduate.
All law volunteers based in Shanghai and Chengdu live in shared apartments with other Projects Abroad volunteers.