School Sports Volunteer Projects in Samoa
- Placement location: Apia
- Role: Teaching a variety of sports to children in local schools.
- Age of Students: 6-16
- Class Size: 10-30
- Accommodation: Host families
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
The School Sports project in Samoa is ideal for volunteers with a passion for sport and an interest in helping others progress in their own sporting capability, whether you are on a gap year or a career break.
As a volunteer on this project, you will work in a local school in Samoa where rugby, football, volley ball and games will be taught. Health and Physical Education (HPE) has been included in the curriculum of Samoan schools and is definitely an area in need of assistance. If you have any experience in organising training programmes or a background in general health and fitness, you could be a real asset to this project.
Volunteers in the schools should expect to work a minimum of 6 hours per day, and you will work with the different age groups according to the timetable. Most volunteers usually choose to assist with some general teaching for a few hours a day by combining it with a Teaching project. This option continues during school holidays with our holiday school programme.