Every child learns from watching their parents and the people around them. Go a step further and help your family discover what you’re capable of together by volunteering abroad together. A family volunteer holiday gives you the opportunity to further shape your children's views of the world. You’ll also be able to show them the power of helping others.
With us, your family will work on a project that focuses on long-term, sustainable solutions, not quick fixes. You’ll work directly with people from local communities and learn about their culture and traditions. And through it all, our dedicated in-country staff are there to support you and your family 24/7.
Our hassle-free approach means you can leave all the details to us. We’ll do the planning and organising while you prepare your family for the adventure of a lifetime.
What type of projects can my family do?
As volunteers, you’ll roll up your sleeves as a family and get right to work on a project designed to benefit local people or the environment.
Here are some of our most popular projects for families:
- Take part in conservation efforts: Work in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest, help protect endangered giraffes in Kenya, or care for and release baby turtles into the ocean in Mexico as part of your family volunteer trip. We have a number of conservation efforts around the globe that focus on protecting endangered species and environments.
- Work with children in a school or childcare centre: As a family, you can support local teachers and caregivers by caring for and teaching kids. Plan fun activities, read stories, teach children games from your home-country, or help with mealtimes. As the saying goes, many hands equal light (and fun) work!
- Share your love of sports with children: Sports is a global language and has the power to bring people together. Share your family’s passion for sports with local kids and young athletes and help encourage people to have fun keeping fit.
These projects are only a snapshot of what you can do with us abroad. Chat to us directly about finding the project that best matches your family’s interests and goals. We'll do our best to arrange something that works for you.
How does it work for children?
We will also support families with children of various ages:
- We can accept volunteers aged four years and older with their families. Contact us if your child will be under the age of four at the time you want to travel and we can discuss the options available.
- Ages 4-14: Children between 4-14 years old can be accommodated and work with their parent(s) for a reduced fee.
- Ages 15+: If your child is aged 15 or older, he/she may volunteer without the accompaniment of a parent at the standard per person price.
- We offer a 5% discount to immediate family members travelling together. This discount applies to adults and children aged 15+.
Please note that we can usually arrange projects for families in all destinations except China and Costa Rica. Also, in Jamaica, families are welcome. However, children cannot go to work with their parents here, so one parent needs to look after the children, or childcare can be arranged.