Choose a Sports Project
1-3 of 9 Projects
Take a Gap Semester Abroad in South AmericaSee this project
- Price: $9,275 AUD for 8 weeks
- Extra Weeks: $650 AUD
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Minimum Stay: 8 weeks
- Age: 17-24
Volunteer Football Coaching for High School Students in GhanaSee this project
- Price: $3,405 AUD for 2 weeks
- Extra Weeks: $705 AUD
- Start Date: During school holidays
- Minimum Stay: 2 weeks
- Age: 15-18
Volunteer Football Coaching in GhanaSee this project
- Price: $2,720 AUD for 1 week
- Extra Weeks: $480 AUD
- Start Date: Anytime
- Minimum Stay: 1 week
- Age: 16 or over
What will I gain from sports coaching abroad?
By teaching sport abroad as a volunteer, you’ll give back to a community that needs help while developing your own skills.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous volunteers talk about:
- Soft skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organising, planning, and time management.
- Teaching and coaching experience.
- The ability to work and empathise with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’.
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone.
All of the above will enhance your CV, UCAS applications, and your personal development.
Why does teaching sport abroad matter?
These projects are about more than simply developing the sport itself. They are about giving the children you work with a better present, and the chance of a better future. This comes both from playing directly and also from values that are developed through sport, like teamwork, discipline and a sense of fair play.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: