The Benefits of Corporate Volunteering
Over recent years, various studies have shown that employees are moving away from chasing higher wages. Instead, they're increasingly looking for meaning within their work and ways in which they can give back and make a positive impact.
Employees feel happiest and are most likely to stay within any company that:
- Is forward-thinking
- Is aligned to their values
- Cultivates teamwork
- Provides opportunities for development
- Creates an environment in which every employee feels motivated and encouraged to play a positive role in making a real impact
There are plenty of ways in which companies provide this for their employees but one tried and tested method is through group volunteer trips. Not only does it allow employees the opportunity to get out into communities and give back in a variety of ways, but it also gives them the opportunity to learn new skills and form close bonds with colleagues that they may not have had the opportunity to get to know properly yet. It can also work incredibly well as an incentive or a reward for the hardest working employees each year.
In a nutshell:
- Companies benefit through motivated employees, and improved brand and reputation
- Employees benefit though new skills development, an improved ability to work with people from different cultures, and better communications skills
- Local communities benefit from the new skills they learned and the services that have been provided by the corporate volunteers
Ideas for Corporate Group Trips
For corporate groups, we recommend:
- Building Projects – Build homes or a classroom, library, or sports facilities for a school
- Childcare & Community Projects – Renovate a childcare centre and help teach critical Early Childhood Development Skills
- Conservation Projects – Do your bit to protect the environment whilst being at the forefront of scientific research
Community involvement is a crucial part of corporate citizenship. Employee volunteers are perhaps the greatest asset companies can influence when trying to have a positive impact in the communities worldwide. It's the employees themselves who strengthen corporate citizenship from the inside out with compassion, innovative ideas, and unparalleled energy.
We can organise a bespoke volunteer group trip for your company. It can be for as short as one week to as long as three months, it's entirely up to you!
Corporate Social Responsibility
The new phase of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has kicked-in and has evolved drastically over the last 30 years. Companies around the world are now taking greater responsibility for their effects on environmental and social well-being. International corporate volunteering is an integral component of CSR. The implementation of employee engagement through volunteering goes a step beyond sending donations to environmental and humanitarian projects and charities.
Some companies have begun sending groups of employees to help volunteer around the world every year, whether it's through a lottery, a sign-up and selection process, or as a reward for its highest working and achieving staff members. The results of this repeated process year on year results in better company engagement, increased levels of pride and satisfaction within the company and its staff members, and an overall sense of achievement that others strive to work towards.
Our How It Works page provides a full list of everything that we include in all of our projects, such as food, accommodation, transport, and much more. We include these so that planning, preparing, and completing your project is as easy as possible.
However, groups that travel together on a bespoke trip also get other benefits included. These are to ensure that everyone has an unforgettable experience and that they get the most out of their time abroad. These include:
- One free place for every nine colleagues that travel
- Team building opportunities, cultural events, and weekend excursions included throughout your time abroad
- A project that is bespoke to what you want to achieve
- A comprehensive information pack upon enquiry
- We’ll meet you at your office to discuss any options in more details, before you’ve even signed up
- We can give a presentation to your colleagues so that everyone is informed and can have their questions answered
- A full risk assessment will be carried out prior to every trip
- We’ll provide any documentation and information that your company might need
- We will support you and the group from application to departure
- You’ll have your own dedicated Group Coordinator providing support throughout your trip
- We can provide fundraising ideas and advice for visas, where applicable
- We can handle any donations that individuals or the company might like to make following the trip through our foundation
- We can arrange flight quotes and book flight tickets for you
- Projects Abroad provides a comprehensive induction and orientation upon arrival
What do others have to say?
"We were very happy with the result of our building work on the trip. We really enjoyed interacting with the kids, getting a section of the site fully completed, and exploring what Kathmandu had to offer. Everyone in the team made a significant contribution on the project and arrived home with memorable experiences to ponder and share.
It was an amazing trip, the children and people were so positive and generous. How they live and get on with life was so inspiring. We don’t know how lucky and fortunate we really are."
- Chris Badcock - Team Leader, SmithCorp Charitable Trust, Nepal 2016
"If you’re thinking about extending your community service programmes, I strongly recommend an overseas international sabbatical programme and I would definitely recommend giving Projects Abroad a call."
- John Warner – Pearson Foundation
"As soon as I saw the application, I was dying to apply. The twelve of us came together from all over the world; we didn’t know each other before we arrived and we have formed a really unique bond over this project. A lot of us come from first world countries and have never seen this kind of poverty before so a lot of us had a wide variety of emotions when we first arrived. But Dean, our building manager, has been absolutely spectacular at making us all feel so comfortable."
- Carine Kinch – Pearson Education Canada
Find Out More
If you want to find out more about how your company can get involved, have a look at our variety of volunteer projects and destinations that we currently offer. If you’d like to receive more information then please get in touch to receive a comprehensive information pack. You can contact us on 08 7130 3970 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.